Planning for retirement in mid to late career
Level 3 — Mid and late career
As you progress through your career and accumulate savings through a pension plan or your own personal savings plans, it would be a good time to check our our level 3 calculators. They offer more sophisticated actuarial analysis and require more input for detailed, personalized results. Available for a small fee, we encourage people in their mid to late careers to use level 3 calculators on a regular basis as their salaries rise, and their financial investments mature.
You can also use our proprietary MyPRIM retirement calculator that gives you a measure of how well prepared you are for your retirement.
Our level 3 calculators
- allow more detailed financial and personal data input
- encourage "what if" analysis with different variables
- enable you to add your partner's income (coming soon)
- consider salary increases add pension plan incomes into the mix
- help you understand how well prepared you are for retirement
- see the components of your retirement income, and
- receive an actuarial estimate of the commuted value of your pension
While we encourage you to talk to your family, friends and financial advisors, RAC's online resources are user-friendly and convenient addition to your financial planning tools. With instant data at your fingertips, you can make better decisions at each stage of your retirement planning journey.
Stay tuned to MFHA as we'll be adding more reports to help you every step of the way.
You may enjoy these other articles
Making Progress - Financial planning at the beginning of career and family
Learn how RAC can help you plan for the future at the start of your career and/or family.
What you should know about the commuted value of your pension
Learn about the commuted value of your defined benefit pension.